Monday 21 March 2016

Mac OS X Rename Files Keyboard Shortcut

Renaming a file
Do you ever get that sinking feeling inside when you realise that you seem to have entirely missed out on something that's screamingly obvious? Something that everybody else knows about but you don't? Happens to me all the time.

My latest one is renaming files in Mac OS X Finder. I am used to performing a delayed click on the file name, sort of click to select the file and then click slowly again to enter rename mode. It works fine most times but it can be a bit annoying when you manage to double-click and open the file when you only wanted to rename it. This usually happens when you have a whole batch of files that you want to rename. When it gets really annoying I used to resort to pressing ⌘-I for the Info window and rename there. Used to?

Just Press Enter!

I say used to because I stumbled upon the keyboard shortcut quite by accident. To rename a file in Finder all you have to do is click to select the file and then press Enter or Return. It really is as easy and as obvious as that.

Now you can tell me that surely everyone knows that...

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment